Are you an engineer who loves to help organizations connect with audiences via the web? Are you building immersive, engaging sites that are also inclusive and accessible? If so, we need you on our high-exposure web publishing projects.
We’re seeking skilled developers who are passionate about web publishing projects. The ideal candidates are not only experienced web engineers, but also creators. They seek to write beautiful, high-quality code to create rewarding user experiences. They know how to translate a client’s message through a web project. They’re engaged in the field of web publishing at large, never stop learning and are ready to use their engineering skills to explore and extend our capabilities. Given the broad choice of CMS platforms available today (and tomorrow), the best candidates will be comfortable in more than one programming language and will always be willing to learn more.
The ideal candidate has the following attributes:
- Ability to engineer the full stack of CMS development; database, CMS platform and browser client layers of the solution.
- Knows that the foundation of a wonderful website is great code that is maintainable, clean, and well-designed.
- Active participant in the transformation of a client’s message into an engaging web design.
- Desire to work very closely with content strategists, information architects, user experience and visual designers.
- Understanding and desire to implement the best practices for accessibility.
- Appreciation and affinity for the author experience.
- Understanding of and ability to elegantly meet page load performance budgets
- Embraces learning, change, and growth; quick to learn from and mentor colleagues.
- Good communicator with colleagues both inside and out of engineering.
- Appreciates the automation of testing, QA, integration, and deployment.
- Willing to share responsibility and collaborate rather than protect ownership of work.
- Comfortable with or willing to learn pair programming.
- Familiar with or willing to learn the Test Driven Development approach.
- Team player with a great attitude ready to work closely with others to achieve success.
- Development experience, including complex custom modules, in at least two industry leading CMS platforms.
- Proficient with distributed revision control systems, ideally Git.
- Experience consuming distributed content through the use of web APIs and other third party information sources.
- Ready to provide influence in the discussion and selection of new designs and architectures for projects.
Pixo offers a stimulating, exceptionally collaborative work environment with competitive benefits and endless room for growth and development. You will be part of a close-knit, diverse group of creatives helping to provide the highest level of technology and design services in the region.
Our wide-ranging client list includes Fortune 500 companies, higher education institutions, start-ups and small businesses, and national nonprofits. We work on a wide range of projects and produce low-fidelity and high-fidelity designs for mobile applications, web applications, and websites, collaborating closely with developers and our clients.
OTHER THINGS YOU MIGHT CARE ABOUT:
Location: Urbana, Illinois
Competitive salary, three weeks of PTO to start, Medical, 401k matching, company sponsored Short Term and Long Term Disability insurance, optional dental, vision, and life insurance, 2 weeks company closure per year, an annually set professional development budget and more.
Curious? Get in touch. Worst that can happen is that we both learn a bit more about each other. If interested, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include a brief explanation of your interest.
Pixo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity employer and we know that diversity and inclusion are competitive requirements, not “nice to haves.” Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required.
Thank you for your interest. We look forward to hearing from you!