- Department: Engineering
- Location: Urbana, Illinois
Come and join one of Champaign-Urbana’s most vibrant and creative developer groups. We create web applications, mobile applications, connected device systems, and enterprise websites. We’re looking for someone who is passionate about the application of software to solve critical problems. The selected candidate will be actively engaged in the current trends in software development and programming language paradigms. Along with solving individual problems and challenges, they have an appreciation for good software architecture and design. Given the broad spectrum of solutions that Pixo provides, the ideal candidate is familiar with more than one programming language with an appreciation for different tools, technologies and stacks.
The ideal candidate
- Is a full stack developer capable of working on the database, middleware, and front-end layers of an application.
- Has working knowledge of at least one MVC Web Development Framework such as Symfony or ASP.NET Core MVC.
- Is able to discuss the strengths and weaknesses of SQL.
- Understands the purpose and usage of Object Relational Mappers (ORM).
- Understands the purpose and usage of Design Patterns.
- Familiar with the Test Driven Development approach and understands how to make components easy to test.
- Uses the SOLID principles regularly, where appropriate.
- Embraces learning and growth; quick to learn from and mentor colleagues.
- Regularly explores new technologies, techniques, and approaches to grow as a professional.
- Can explain technical matters in language understandable to non-engineers.
- Can analyze a client’s problems and develop or integrate existing software that addresses these problems.
- Has experience or a desire to work in a consulting environment, working with clients and project stakeholders in a collaborative way including advocating for ideas in an empathetic way.
- Significant experience developing in client server architecture.
- Proficient in at least one dynamically typed and one statically typed language.
- Willing to share responsibility and collaborate rather than protect ownership of work.
- Proficient with distributed revision control systems, ideally “git.”
- Team Player attitude ready to work closely with others to achieve success.
- Willing to abide by and improve the team’s coding and behavioral standards.
- Ready to provide influence in the discussion and selection of new designs and architectures for projects.
At Pixo you will be part of a close-knit, collaborative and diverse group of professionals who work hard to amplify our collective capacity through knowledge sharing, feedback, and a focus on providing the highest level of technology and design services.
Our clients come from a wide range of industries — including agriculture, higher education, and health care — and vary in size from small start-ups to multinational corporations. They seek us out because of our reputation for solving tough problems and providing highly customized solutions. While we’d be hard-pressed to describe a typical project, we most often create web applications, mobile applications, and websites.
At Pixo, we take our company values seriously. Here’s a taste:
- We value people over process and consider our workplace as an example of how tech companies should treat each other.
- We commit to being approachable and available to each other at all levels.
- We demand quality of ourselves and each other.
- When we see something that needs addressing, we speak up, ask questions, or recommend a change.
- We intentionally make time to recharge and disconnect and don’t expect each other to be “on” all the time.
Other things you might care about
Competitive salary, three weeks of PTO to start plus 2 weeks company closure per year, Medical, 401k, company sponsored Short Term and Long Term Disability insurance, annually set professional development budget and a stimulating, exceptionally collaborative work environment with endless room for growth and development.
If interested, please submit your resume to email@example.com and include a brief explanation of your interest.
Pixo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity employer and we know that diversity and inclusion are competitive requirements, not “nice to haves.” Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required without sponsorship.