- Department: Engineering
- Location: Urbana, Illinois
We’re looking for a team member who is well rounded and passionate about the application of software. Our immediate need requires the candidate to be actively engaged in a Microsoft system that houses a variety of internal tools and applications such as a web store, public facing sites in DNN, permissions systems, SQL Server Reporting, and event registration system.
Our ideal candidate:
- Is a strong software developer up for the task of leading client projects.
- Is a Windows developer capable of working on the database, middleware, and front-end layers of an application.
- Has working knowledge of VB.NET, SQL Server, Visual Studio, and TFS.
- Has the ability to track an issue from a user-reported problem
- Familiar with the Test Driven Development approach and understands how to make components easy to test.
- Embraces learning and growth
- Can explain technical matters in a language understandable to non-engineers.
- Can analyze a client’s problems and develop or integrate existing software that addresses these problems.
- Has experience or a desire to work in a consulting environment, working with clients and project stakeholders in a collaborative way including advocating for ideas in an empathetic way.
- Shows acumen for growing as a technical leader.
- Significant experience developing in client server architecture.
- Proficient in Microsoft web app technologies.
- Proficient with distributed revision control systems, ideally TFS.
- Team player attitude ready to work closely with others to achieve success.
- Willing to abide by and improve the team’s coding standards.
- Offer technical solutions to problems
- Explain new improvements clearly
- Lead the team in building a solution and vision
- Be able to lead meetings and run agendas
- Strong analytical mind and strategic thinker
- Efficiently clarify next steps and communicate them to team members.
- Have exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal.
At Pixo you will be part of a close-knit, collaborative, and diverse group of professionals who work hard to amplify our collective capacity through knowledge sharing, feedback, and a focus on providing the highest level of technology and design services.
Our clients come from a wide range of industries — including agriculture, higher education, and health care — and vary in size from small start-ups to multinational corporations. They seek us out because of our reputation for solving tough problems and providing highly customized solutions. While we’d be hard-pressed to describe a typical project, we most often create web applications, mobile applications, and websites.
At Pixo, we take our company values seriously. Here’s a taste:
- We value people over process and consider our workplace as an example of how tech companies should treat each other.
- We commit to being approachable and available to each other at all levels.
- We demand quality of ourselves and each other.
- When we see something that needs addressing, we speak up, ask questions, or recommend a change.
- We intentionally make time to recharge and disconnect and don’t expect each other to be “on” all the time.
Other things you might care about:
Competitive salary, three weeks of PTO to start plus 2 weeks company closure per year, Medical, 401k matching, company sponsored Short Term and Long Term Disability insurance, optional dental, vision, and life insurance, an annually set professional development budget and more.
If interested, please submit your resume to email@example.com and include a brief explanation of your interest.
Pixo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity employer, and we know that diversity and inclusion are competitive requirements, not “nice to haves.” Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required.