Our QA Department is looking to add a lead who will own and improve the core of what we do everyday — writing great code and delivering quality software to our clients. While you don’t need to be a hero, we’re looking for someone who can go above and beyond and help us continue to grow our quality assurance tools and processes.
The ideal candidate for the Quality Assurance Lead position is driven, has a unique mix of strong technical-skills and strong people-skills, has prior quality assurance experience, and is persistent and collaborative with colleagues to ensure top quality.
As a QA Lead, you will be embedded in project teams, working with developers, designers, and user experience experts on projects to define and execute testing plans for various, apps, systems and websites Pixo develops. You will direct traffic to make sure each project has the right QA resources. You will consider new processes and technologies for advancing our testing methods and you will make sure we are producing the reliability, usability, and performance that our customers expect from our fast-paced, agile projects.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Establish and evolve formal QA processes and toolsets
- Ensure that Pixo is using industry-accepted best practices
- Act as key point of contact for QA processes
- Manage QA resources to address the needs of active projects
- Lead and mentor any staff in performing QA tasks
- Provide estimates for QA related tasks
- Identify, prioritize and advocate for new and continuous improvement concepts based on company priorities and goals
- Identify and lead the development of training programs on quality concepts (i.e., Accessibility presentations and onboarding)
- Ensure QA is monitoring changes in web quality standards, browser updates, testing tools and methods
- Research, evaluate, and recommend new or alternate test tools as needed
- Ensure solutions meet customer requirements for usability and functionality
Qualifications and Skills
- Knowledge and experience with continuous integration process and tools, ex: Jenkins
- Knowledge and experience with issue tracking software such as JIRA
- Knowledge and experience with source control, Git preferred
- A minimum of 2 years experience managing processes and/or personnel prefered
- Experience navigating and testing websites, web applications, and/or native mobile apps
- 2+ years of software quality experience, preferably in a consultancy environment
- Driven by an internal standard of quality and not afraid to speak up when that standard isn’t being met
- Self-motivated and proactive with the ability to multi-task and juggle many responsibilities without micro-management
- Knowledge of QA concepts and processes including regression testing, end-to-end testing, and unit testing
- Knowledge of Agile concepts, and methodologies
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively with diverse colleagues and clients
Pixo offers a stimulating, exceptionally collaborative work environment with competitive benefits and endless room for growth and development. You will be part of a close-knit, diverse group of creatives helping to provide the highest level of technology and design services in the region.
Our wide-ranging client list includes major companies, higher education institutions, start-ups and small businesses, and national nonprofits. We work on a wide range of projects and produce everything from mobile applications to web applications to websites.
OTHER THINGS YOU MIGHT CARE ABOUT:
- Department: Development/Quality Assurance
- Location: Urbana, Illinois
Competitive salary, three weeks of PTO to start plus 2 weeks company closure per year, Medical, 401k, company sponsored Short Term and Long Term Disability insurance, optional dental, vision, and life insurance, an annually set professional development budget and more. If interested, please submit your resume to email@example.com and include a brief explanation of your interest.
Pixo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity employer and we know that diversity and inclusion are competitive requirements, not “nice to haves.” Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required without sponsorship.