Keep the pulse of our projects
- See that internal teams know what they should be working on.
- Understand each project well enough to prioritize work, recognize and anticipate problems, and articulate project details to clients.
- Be the keeper of the vision for the project, and regularly remind team members about the “why” of a project so they can share in the vision.
Capture, communicate, and keep accountable
- Capture important information and details throughout projects and record and communicate so PMs and all of Pixo can learn and grow.
- Communicate necessary information to the team and the client.
- Keep everyone accountable to responsibilities and deadlines.
- Maintain templates and documents to unify PM processes, improve PM efficiency, and follow best practices.
- Demand quality of your teammates and foster a project climate where any team member can raise concerns.
- Communicate effectively with each team member.
Make sure clients feel well-informed
- Ensure clients know what we’re working on and how we’re spending our time.
- Make clients aware of risks, blockers, schedule, and budget.
- Organize project kick-off meetings and gathering of requirements.
- Evaluate and communicate each project’s schedule, team roles, and deliverables.
- Run project stand-ups with our internal teams – work together to plan work, clear blockers, and facilitate task management.
- Regularly check-in with project teams – make sure projects stay on schedule, milestones are met, budgets are on-track, re-estimations are done as needed, and retrospectives are held regularly.
- Proactively identify the opportunities, risks, and blockers for each project.
- Regularly check-in with clients – inform them about project status, risks, blockers, schedule and budget.
- Own and update project status documents.
- Identify and schedule important meetings.
- Participate in resource planning and allocation (traffic meetings), helping to optimize how team members are working across projects.
- Ensure post-project retrospectives (project wrap-ups) happen by reminding directors that a project has finished.
- Proven at managing projects – able to plan, prioritize, and manage deliverables for multiple projects with parallel timelines.
- Pays attention to the specifics and details. Doesn’t let things slip through the cracks. Takes initiative to raise issues and solve problems.
- Strong leader who thrives as a vocal and engaged member in a team environment.
- Comfortable balancing the different needs and opinions of many different people.
- Comfortable discussing and explaining project details with non-technical clients.
- Comfortable keeping everyone accountable.
- Efficiently clarifies next steps and communicates them to team members.
- Has exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Possesses a working knowledge of production / project management tools including or similar to Basecamp, Jira, 10K Feet, Google Drive, Trello, Bitbucket, etc.
- Keeps cool under pressure.
- Confident during conflict and able to construct and propose rational solutions.
- Shows genuine and proactive interest in design and technology.
- Has an eye for design and what good work looks like.
- Has an understanding of the principles behind code.
- Has experience working with a multi-disciplinary team to produce digital products.
- Knows what we’re talking about when we say “agile” or “scrum.”
Pixo offers a stimulating, exceptionally collaborative work environment with competitive benefits and endless room for growth and development. You will be part of a close-knit, diverse group of creatives helping to provide the highest level of technology and design services in the region.
Our wide-ranging client list includes major companies, higher education institutions, start-ups and small businesses, and national nonprofits. We work on a wide range of projects and produce everything from mobile applications to web applications to websites.
Other things you might care about
Department: Project management
Location: Urbana, Illinois
Competitive salary, three weeks of PTO to start plus 2 weeks company closure per year, Medical, 401(k), company sponsored short-term and long-term disability insurance, optional dental, vision, and life insurance, an annually set professional development budget and more. If interested, please submit your resume to email@example.com and include a brief explanation of your interest.
Pixo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity employer and we know that diversity and inclusion are competitive requirements, not “nice to haves.” Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required without sponsorship.