Are you an experienced software project manager who’s ready to take that next step and lead a project management team? Do you long to work in a highly creative atmosphere where your colleagues push each other to excel but also know how to make room for real life? If so, you might be our next PM Team Manager.
Pixo’s PM Team Manager is an inspirational and confident leader, who models excellent PM skills by managing their own projects and mentors the team. Our PM manager is an analytical thinker who enjoys the challenges of launching digital products and is enthusiastic about the PM profession and personal growth. They are vital in balancing procedural needs with our messy, creative environment that values initiative from all project team members. They are instrumental in helping Pixonauts deliver high-quality work that exceeds our clients’ expectations.
- Pixo’s PM team currently includes 3 PMs, only 1 of whom is full-time.
- Provide leadership, motivation and coaching to all team members.
- Improve team members’ knowledge and application of PM methodologies and tools and strengthen the team members’ ability to be strategic drivers on their projects.
- Identify professional development opportunities for team members.
- Conduct regular one-on-one meetings with team members.
- Ensure team members are meeting client needs and project goals.
- Ensure project ceremonies are happening in a timely manner, including sales-to-project transitions, weekly project health, sprint planning, demos, retrospectives, and project wrap-ups.
- Standardize processes and provide written guidelines. Regularly review and update existing guidelines in consultation with team members.
- Establish goals and metrics for PM team.
- Collaborate with sales team, UX & design team, engineering team on project strategy and road blocks.
- Coordinate, prioritize, and assign accounts to PMs.
- Coordinate schedule, workload, vacations and back-ups for PMs.
- Train new PM team members.
In addition to managing the PM team, the PM manager is expected to oversee their own portfolio of projects with a ~50/50 split between managing the team and managing projects.
- Keeping the pulse of projects in terms of internal team pace and communication, organization, and alignment with original vision.
- Keeping excellent documentation.
- Communicating well with the team and client.
- Ensuring clients are well informed and know risks, blockers, schedule, and budget via weekly status reports.
- Helping teams be flexible and creative in determining project approach and how best to work with clients.
- Strong leader who thrives as a vocal and engaged member in a highly collaborative team environment.
- Comfortable balancing the different needs and opinions of many different people.
- Confident during conflict and able to construct and propose rational solutions.
- Keeps cool under pressure.
- Comfortable keeping everyone accountable.
- Comfortable discussing and explaining project details with non-technical clients.
- Comfortable discussing technical project details with developers and technical clients and helping to facilitate technical decision-making.
- Shows genuine and proactive interest in technology and design.
- Possesses a working knowledge of production / project management tools including or similar to Basecamp, Jira, 10K Feet, Google Drive, Trello, Bitbucket, etc.
- A minimum of 5 years experience as PM of software projects.
- A minimum of 1 year experience as a manager.
- Has proven track record of flexibility and adaptability of managing projects of all scopes and sizes.
- Has worked for a software agency and understands ways of adapting tools and processes for the consulting environment.
Pixo’s vision for project management
Project Managers at Pixo are inspirational and confident leaders who think strategically about how to meet the goals of our projects, and make sure that we’re continuously learning, improving, and delivering. They have a deep understanding of the Agile process and how we implement it on a variety of software projects. They are attracted to a plethora of topics and have a history of questioning complex ideas. Pixo PMs use their knowledge and experience to manage scope, budgets, timelines, and most of all expectations.
They are collaborative and proactive project facilitators who manage detailed project tasks and hold our team — and clients — accountable for delivering on their commitments. They utilize a suite of Pixo-approved tools and their analytical skills to manage and communicate important project details, help stakeholders make decisions, and deliver projects successfully. They build lasting relationships with their team and clients, quickly resolve confusion and conflict, communicate difficult news when needed, willingly encourage teams, and celebrate successes.They are energized by unpredictable challenges and thrive in an environment that is ever changing. Most of all, Pixo PMs never stop questioning and challenging to ensure we’re uncovering the “why” at the root of our clients’ problems and producing solutions that answer these “whys.”
Pixo offers a stimulating, exceptionally collaborative work environment with competitive benefits and endless room for growth and development. You will be part of a close-knit, diverse group of creatives helping to provide the highest level of technology and design services in the region.
Our wide-ranging client list includes major companies, higher education institutions, start-ups and small businesses, and national nonprofits. We work on a wide range of projects and produce everything from mobile applications to web applications to websites.
Other things you might care about:
Department: Project management
Location: Urbana, Illinois
Competitive salary, three weeks of PTO to start plus 2 weeks company closure per year, Medical, 401(k), company sponsored short-term and long-term disability insurance, optional dental, vision, and life insurance, an annually set professional development budget and more. If interested, please submit your resume to email@example.com and include a brief explanation of your interest.
Pixo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity employer and we know that diversity and inclusion are competitive requirements, not “nice to haves.” Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required without sponsorship.