- Department: Engineering
- Location: Urbana, Illinois
Come and join one of Champaign-Urbana’s most vibrant and creative developer groups. We’re looking for mobile developers who are passionate about the application of software on a mobile platform to solve critical problems. The selected candidate will be actively engaged in the current trends in mobile development and programming language paradigms and will have an appreciation for good software architecture and design. Given the broad spectrum of solutions that Pixo provides, the ideal candidate is familiar with more than one programming language with an appreciation for different tools, technologies and stacks.
The ideal candidate:
- Has significant experience with both iOS and Android development
- Has working knowledge of one or more cross-platform tools (e.g. Xamarin, Cordova)
- Understands data modeling and data persistence options
- Is familiar with UX paradigms unique to mobile (e.g. touch input and screen orientation)
- Embraces learning, change, and growth; is quick to learn from and mentor colleagues
- Is a good communicator with colleagues both inside and out of engineering
- Has an appreciation for testing, QA, and deployment automation (DevOps)
- Understands the differences between unit, functional, and integration tests
- Is familiar with the Test Driven Development approach
Appreciates the benefits of distributed systems and microservice architectures
- Understands programming language paradigms such as “interpreted/compiled,” “object-oriented,” “prototypal inheritance,” “functional programming,” etc.
- Experience with Android and/or iOS development
- Proficient in at least one dynamically typed and one statically typed language
- Willing to share responsibility and collaborate, rather than protect ownership of work
- Proficient with distributed revision control systems, ideally Git
- Team player attitude, ready to work closely with others to achieve success
- Comfort with or willingness to learn pair programming
Pixo offers a stimulating, exceptionally collaborative work environment with competitive benefits and endless room for growth and development. You will be part of a close-knit, diverse group of creatives helping to provide the highest level of technology and design services in the region.
Our wide-ranging client list includes major companies, higher education institutions, start-ups and small businesses, and national nonprofits. We work on a wide range of projects and produce everything from mobile applications to web applications to websites.
OTHER THINGS YOU MIGHT CARE ABOUT:
Competitive salary, three weeks of PTO to start, Medical, 401k, company sponsored Short Term and Long Term Disability insurance, optional dental, vision, and life insurance, 2 weeks company closure per year, an annually set professional development budget and more.
Curious? Get in touch. Worst that can happen is that we both learn a bit more about each other. If interested, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include a brief explanation of your interest.
Pixo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity employer and we know that diversity and inclusion are competitive requirements, not “nice to haves.” Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required without sponsorship.
Thank you for your interest. We look forward to hearing from you!