- Department: Development
- Location: Urbana, Illinois
Come and join one of Champaign-Urbana’s most vibrant and creative developer groups. We’re looking for mobile developers who are passionate about the application of software on a mobile platform to solve critical problems. The selected candidate will be actively engaged in the current trends in mobile development and programming language paradigms and will have an appreciation for good software architecture and design. Given the broad spectrum of solutions that Pixo provides, the ideal candidate is familiar with more than one programming language with an appreciation for different tools, technologies and stacks.
The ideal candidate:
- Is a full stack developer capable of working on the database, middleware and front-end layers of an application
- Appreciates the benefits of distributed systems and microservice architectures
- Is comfortable with asynchronous and event loop programming
- Understands data modeling and data persistence options
- Is comfortable across both Microsoft and *nix platforms (but preferences are ok)
- Is opinionated but not dogmatic about editor/IDE environments
- Understands programming language paradigms such as ‘interpreted/compiled’, ‘object-oriented’, ‘prototypal inheritance’, ‘functional programming’ etc
- Embraces learning, change and growth; quick to learn from and mentor colleagues
- Is a good communicator with colleagues both inside and out of engineering
- Has an appreciation for testing, QA and deployment automation (DevOps)
- Understands the differences between unit, functional and integration tests
- Is comfortable with part-time pair programming
- Has familiarity with Docker containers and Kubernetes, and scaling applications in the cloud
- Experience with at least one of the following technologies:
- the Go language, including experience with channels and concurrency
- Rabbit MQ or other messaging queue technology
- Mobile app development using React native
- Proficient in at least one dynamically typed and one statically typed language
- Willing to share responsibility and collaborate rather than protect ownership of work
- Familiar with the Test Driven Development approach
- Proficient with distributed revision control systems, ideally ‘git’
- Team player attitude ready to work closely with others to achieve success
Pixo offers a stimulating, exceptionally collaborative work environment with competitive benefits and endless room for growth and development. You will be part of a close-knit, diverse group of creatives helping to provide the highest level of technology and design services in the region.
Our wide-ranging client list includes major companies, higher education institutions, start-ups and small businesses, and national nonprofits. We work on a wide range of projects and produce everything from mobile applications to web applications to websites.
OTHER THINGS YOU MIGHT CARE ABOUT:
Competitive salary, three weeks of PTO to start, Medical, 401k, company sponsored Short Term and Long Term Disability insurance, optional dental, vision, and life insurance, 2 weeks company closure per year, an annually set professional development budget and more. If interested, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include a brief explanation of your interest.
Pixo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity employer and we know that diversity and inclusion are competitive requirements, not “nice to haves.” Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required without sponsorship.