- Department: Engineering
- Location: Urbana, Illinois
Come and join one of Champaign-Urbana’s vibrant and creative developer groups. Our wide-ranging client list includes Fortune 500 companies, higher education institutions, start-ups, private companies, and national non-profits. We create mobile applications, web applications and enterprise websites. We’re looking for someone who is passionate about the application of software to solve critical problems. The selected candidate will be actively engaged in the current trends in software development and programming language paradigms. Along with solving individual problems and challenges, they have an appreciation for good software architecture and design. Given the broad spectrum of solutions that Pixo provides, the ideal candidate is familiar with more than one programming language with an appreciation for different tools, technologies and stacks.
The ideal candidate:
- Is a full stack developer capable of working on the database, middleware and front-end layers of an application
- Has working knowledge of at least one Web Development Framework
- Appreciates the benefits of distributed systems and microservice architectures
- Is comfortable with asynchronous and event loop programming
- Understands data modeling and data persistence options
- Is comfortable across both Microsoft and *nix platforms (but preferences are ok)
- Is opinionated but not dogmatic about editor/IDE environments
- Understands programming language paradigms such as ‘interpreted/compiled’, ‘object-oriented’, ‘prototypal inheritance’, ‘functional programming’ etc
- Embraces learning, change and growth; quick to learn from and mentor colleagues
- Is a good communicator with colleagues both inside and out of engineering
- Has an appreciation for testing, QA and deployment automation (DevOps)
- Understands the differences between unit, functional and integration tests
- Able to discuss the strengths and weaknesses of Single Page Applications
- Comfortable with part-time pair programming
- Significant experience developing in client server architecture
- Proficient in at least one dynamically typed and one statically typed language
- Willing to share responsibility and collaborate rather than protect ownership of work
- Familiar with the Test Driven Development approach
- Proficient with distributed revision control systems, ideally ‘git’
- Team Player attitude ready to work closely with others to achieve success
- Ready to provide influence in the discussion and selection of new designs and architectures for projects
Pixo offers a stimulating, exceptionally collaborative work environment with competitive benefits and endless room for growth and development. You will be part of a close-knit, diverse group of creatives helping to provide the highest level of technology and design services in the region.
Our wide-ranging client list includes Fortune 500 companies, higher education institutions, start-ups and small businesses, and national nonprofits. We work on a wide range of projects and produce low-fidelity and high-fidelity designs for mobile applications, web applications, and websites, collaborating closely with developers and our clients.
Other things you might care about:
Competitive salary, three weeks of PTO to start, Medical, 401k, company sponsored Short Term and Long Term Disability insurance, 2 weeks company closure per year, annually set professional development budget and a stimulating, exceptionally collaborative work environment with endless room for growth and development and more.
Curious? Get in touch. Worst that can happen is that we both learn a bit more about each other. If interested, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include a brief explanation of your interest.
Pixo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity employer and we know that diversity and inclusion are competitive requirements, not “nice to haves.” Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required without sponsorship.
Thank you for your interest. We look forward to hearing from you!