- Location: On site in Urbana, Illinois
- Department: Quality Assurance (QA)
Our QA Department is looking to add a team member who will enhance the core of what we do everyday — writing great code and delivering quality software to our clients. While you don’t need to be a hero, we’re looking for someone who can go above and beyond everyday and will help us continue to grow our tools and processes.
The ideal candidate for the Quality Assurance Specialist position is driven, has a unique mix of strong technical-skills and strong people-skills, and is persistent and collaborative with colleagues to ensure top quality. The Quality Assurance Specialist will partner with other QA teammates and project teams to guarantee delivery of complete products and technologies. At Pixo, we pride ourselves on embracing new technologies and challenging client projects. We are looking for someone who is passionate about learning and growing and can help push us forward.
As a QA Specialist, you will be embedded in project teams, working with developers, designers, and user experience experts on projects to provide testing for various systems and websites Pixo develops. The QA Specialist helps to ensure the reliability, usability, and performance that our customers expect from our fast-paced, agile team.
Qualifications and Skills
- Knowledge and experience with using and configuring any of the following: Jenkins, JIRA, Vagrant, Git, SQL, automated-testing
- Experience navigating and testing websites, web applications, and/or native mobile apps
- 2+ years of software development experience, preferably in a consultancy environment
- Driven by an internal standard of quality and not afraid to speak up when that standard isn’t being met
- Self-motivated and proactive with the ability to multi-task and juggle many responsibilities without micro-management
- Knowledge of QA concepts and processes including regression testing, end-to-end testing, and unit testing
- Knowledge of Agile concepts, and methodologies
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively with diverse colleagues and clients
- Design, develop, and maintain automation scripts using open-source tools
- Create and execute detailed and comprehensive test cases and test plans
- Test desktop, web-based, and mobile applications
- Identify and thoroughly log found bugs into the company’s and/or client’s issue tracking system
- Communicate effectively with developers about issues uncovered during testing — ideally, recommend code improvements and corrections when bugs are discovered
- Proactively raise issues and risks throughout the project lifecycle in order to drive projects to success
- Learn complex business rules and ensure that software meets both business requirements and expected feature behavior
- Test that our software meets WCAG and Section 508 Accessibility Guidelines
You will be part of a close-knit, diverse group of creatives helping to provide the highest level of technology and design services in the region.
Our wide-ranging client list includes Fortune 500 companies, higher education institutions, start-ups and small businesses, and national nonprofits. We work on a wide range of projects and produce low-fidelity and high-fidelity designs for mobile applications, web applications, and websites, collaborating closely with developers and our clients.
We offer competitive salary, three weeks of PTO that increases with seniority, 2 weeks of Company Closure per year, Medical, 401k, company sponsored Short Term and Long Term Disability insurance, annually set Professional Development budget, a stimulating, exceptionally collaborative work environment with endless room for growth and development, and more.
Interested? Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com and include a brief explanation of your interest.
Pixo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity employer. Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required without sponsorship.