Come and join one of Champaign-Urbana’s most vibrant and creative developer groups. Our wide-ranging client list includes Fortune 500 companies, higher education institutions, start-ups, private companies, and national non-profits. We create mobile applications, web applications and enterprise websites. We’re looking for someone who is passionate about the web experience. The selected candidate will be actively engaged in the leading edge of browser based development and technology. This is one of the fastest moving areas of modern software development and no matter what kind of hardcore groovy awesomeness is going on in the backend the browser experience is what the users feel.
The ideal candidate:
- Stays on top of HTML/CSS trends and is ready to capitalize on new features when they become available.
- Understands the complexities of Cross Browser development and mitigates against Cross Browser bugs.
- Evangelizes browser performance metrics; specifically with regard to testing and mobile browsers.
- Leverages modern front end development tools; build tools, asset pipelines, front end DevOps.
- Collaborates with graphic designers, UX designers and content strategists to bring our visions to life.
- Provides technical influence to design choices and efficiently translates design into clean markup.
- Has an opinion on preprocessors, grid systems, UI toolkits and markup semantics.
- Is excited about automated front end testing.
- Has an eye for design and animation.
- Appreciates web content and online storytelling.
- Fluent HTML/CSS/JS
- Understanding of Accessibility requirements; Conversational about WCAG 2.0
- Proficient in templating languages such as Twig, Mustache, Jade, etc.
- Ability to dissect design into page elements and produce markup style guides
- Familiarity with multiple publishing systems, including CMSs and Static Site Generators
- Some back end scripting ability/familiarity. e.g. PHP
- Understand content elements and site taxonomy
- Familiarity with CDN, asset management, cache-busting and other performance techniques
Pixo provides a broad and rewarding professional development experiences; including weekly developer team meeting where we present new ideas and techniques to the whole group. Any new hire will be expected to regularly contribute to the success of these internal professional development programs.