Pixo is looking for several Software Engineers who are passionate about the application of software to solve critical problems. The selected candidates will be actively engaged with the current trends in software development and various programming language concepts. Along with the ability to solve individual problems and challenges, they have an appreciation for good software architecture and design. Given the broad spectrum of solutions that Pixo provides, the ideal candidates are polyglots with an appreciation for different tools, technologies, and stacks. However, we also appreciate, recruit, and nurture technology specialists.
The ideal candidate has the following attributes:
- Capable of full stack development; database, middleware, and client (Browser, iOS, Android, etc) layers of an application.
- Working knowledge of at least one web development framework.
- Appreciates the benefits of distributed systems and microservice architectures.
- Comfortable with asynchronous and event loop programming.
- Understands data modelling and data persistence options.
- Comfortable across both Microsoft and *nix platforms (but preferences are ok).
- Opinionated but not dogmatic about editor/IDE environments.
- Understands programming language paradigms such as interpreted/compiled, object-oriented, prototypal inheritance, functional programming etc.
- Embraces learning, change, and growth; quick to learn from and mentor colleagues.
- Good communicator with colleagues both inside and out of engineering.
- Appreciates the automation of testing, QA, integration, and deployment.
- Understands the differences between unit, functional, and integration tests.
- Willing to share responsibility and collaborate rather than secure/protect ownership of work.
- Comfortable with pair programming or willing to learn.
- Comfortable with TDD or willing to learn.
- Team player with a great attitude ready to work closely with others to achieve success.
- Significant experience developing in client-server architecture.
- Able to discuss the strengths and weaknesses of single page applications.
- Proficient in at least one dynamically typed and one statically typed language.
- Familiar with the Test Driven Development approach.
- Proficient with distributed revision control systems, ideally Git.
- Ready to provide influence in the discussion and selection of new designs and architectures for projects.
Pixo offers a stimulating, exceptionally collaborative work environment with competitive benefits and endless room for growth and development. You will be part of a close-knit, diverse group of creatives helping to provide the highest level of technology and design services in the region.
Our wide-ranging client list includes Fortune 500 companies, higher education institutions, start-ups and small businesses, and national nonprofits. We work on a wide range of projects and produce low-fidelity and high-fidelity designs for mobile applications, web applications, and websites, collaborating closely with developers and our clients.
Other things you might care about:
- Department: Development
- Location: Urbana, Illinois
Competitive salary, three weeks of PTO to start, Medical, 401k, company sponsored Short Term and Long Term Disability insurance, optional dental, vision, and life insurance, 2 weeks company closure per year, an annually set professional development budget and more.
Curious? Get in touch. Worst that can happen is that we both learn a bit more about each other. If interested, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include a brief explanation of your interest.
Pixo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity employer and we know that diversity and inclusion are competitive requirements, not “nice to haves.” Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required without sponsorship.
Thank you for your interest. We look forward to hearing from you!